28/03/2013

the sweatshirt is king.


This is by no means new news, but I (along with the rest of the world) am really into sweatshirts lately. The rise of the sweatshirt has been well documented by others already so I won't wax and wane about the practicalities and amazingness that is a sweatshirt. Needless to say, I've come a long way since my hoodie obsession of high school (of the American Eagle variety, usually), and even longer since my beloved blue Club Monaco sweatshirt (remember those? I wish I had it still).

This week's selection features embroidery and some silk flamingos. It was a happy one-monthiversary gift to myself and although it looks nothing like Montréal, something tells me it will always remind me of this snowy, sometimes lonely, month, where I stepped into the belief that I am completely capable, given the opportunity.

More inspiration following, including a lovely snakeskin variety and of course, Kenzo. What's my favorite styling? Well keeping it pretty but tough, and never contrived. But who can really do that, except maybe these ladies after the break (Chloe Sachdev has my personal favorite, a Boy London variety).






Images via: Harper's Bazaar, Vogue, My-Philosophie, The Street Fashion 5x Pro, Style.com

PS. Philip Lim 3.1 showed some amazing options for Fall 2013 - here's one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment